Covid Restrictions Update – 16th January 2021
As you may be aware, due to the increased severity and transmissibility of the Covid – 19 virus, the Scottish Government, Scottish Golf Union and PGA have imposed further restrictions, announced this week.
We do urge you to ‘stay at home except for essential purposes.
In addition, we are acutely aware that a number of our members have now tested positive and others are self-isolating. It is most important that we focus on the protection of our members and staffs’ health at this time. Your safety is paramount.
It is with regret that Dunfermline Golf Club will therefore be implementing the following with immediate effect and for the next 14 days as a minimum:
• Barry Martin, Club Manager, and the council will work 100% from home
• There will be no “pick-up” facilities at the Clubhouse or Professional’s-shop for membership packs, cards, nor Fixture lists (including Get into Golf) before 1st February at the earliest. (Fixtures are available on the website.)
• There will be no access to the Professional’s shop
• Priority for packs thereafter will be given to those new members without Bar Cards, Entry Cards etc. should restrictions on access be lifted.
• Groups of up to 2 golfers from a maximum of two households.
• All tee times must be booked in advance.
• Members may play nine holes starting either at 1 or 10
• The booking system will be used as normal with players 1 and 2 beginning at first hole and players 3 and 4 beginning at tenth hole.
• Bookings are limited to two per week in advance (Monday to Sunday) with additional bookings being available on the day.
• All professional and retail access is closed.
• The Professional will only provide a remote Starter/Booking service at this time.
• During inclement weather, when the course is deemed unplayable and declared closed, all golfing facilities are deemed to be closed.
For latest guidance – https://scottishgolf.org/covid-19-local-protection-levels-guidance/
We will rely totally on members adhering to the rules and restrictions above for the next few weeks as the course returns to playable conditions. Please do help us through this extremely difficult period
In accordance with government guidelines the clubhouse will be closed from December 26th through January 11th.
Level 4 Headlines:
• For those golf clubs who have a Covid Officer (Neil Drummond) and applicable risk assessments: Groups of up to 4 golfers with no restrictions on number of households.
• All tee times must be booked in advance.
• All indoor clubhouse facilities should be closed
• All professional and retail shops should be closed.
• Starter facilities can operate providing adherence to physical distancing and appropriate measure are put in place.
• Avoid any unnecessary travel into or out of the local area (5 miles).
• Keep journeys within the area to an absolute minimum.
Can all golfers please make sure they have all equipment and trolleys out of the locker and trolley storage by 5.00pm on the 24th December (the Clubhouse is open 7.30am-5.00pm). There will be a further opportunity to collect equipment and trolleys between 9am and 10.30am on Sunday 27th and Monday 28th December. Any additional access will be very limited and by appointment only.
Based on the current guidance from Scottish Golf, 4 x ball play is still permitted from 4 x different households. When making tee reservations, all names must be populated on the tee sheet. At the time of initial bookings (8 x days in advance) members will be unable to reserve spaces for guests.
For 9-Hole members, please report to Professional’s shop prior to commencement of Play and fill in Track and Trace sheets.
It is possible that there may be an increased demand in bookings throughout this period due and thus the current booking rules, with one exception, remain in place until 16th January. Further, the exception to the current booking rules is that there will be no ‘Members Guest’ bookings until we review the position on 16th January. Bookings will continue to be monitored.
Where possible, we would ask members to avoid booking peak times and weekends to allow those with restricted availability to have a better chance of play.
Travel and Arrival Before Play
Adults living in a Level 4 area should not travel out with their local government area (up to 5 miles) to take part in informal exercise
Ensure you are displaying your member’s bag tag clearly.
Please do not arrive in the car park more than 10-15 minutes before tee time and arrive ready to play.
All Members (18-Hole AND 9-Hole) MUST report to the Pro Shop prior to commencing play.
The professional shop will be operating as a starter service only.
End of Game
At the end of your game DO NOT shake hands
The Risk Assesment and restrictions can be viewed and downloaded from the link below